Friday, June 13, 2014

Here Inside My Broken Heart, Eve

On the Eve of my show "Here Inside My Broken Heart", there are only a few last minute things that need my attention regarding the show. After nearly 2 years of working on the paintings for the exhibit, it's an odd feeling being finished with my end of the story - and "sitting back" as the wonderful staff at my gallery (COREY HELFORD GALLERY) take it from here. {The space is big and beautiful, address: 10000 Culver Blvd, Culver City CA 90232 FREE PARKING at City Hall 9770 Culver Blvd}
I finished the works 2 weeks ahead of time so that we can offer a show catalog at the opening (AND I LOVE IT!!) which in turn gave me two weeks for readying (with gallery space details, framing, prints, press - as well as emotions that deserve attention) at a pretty leisure, nice pace. This little margin before a big show has in past years been filled to the brim with worry, stress, daily freak-outs, nightly night terrors and nightmares. There hasn't been any such thing. {Catalog includes images of all 13 new paintings on exhibit, limited edition of only 100pcs}
I am truly grateful for all the love and support and encouragement and HARD WORK I've been receiving over the last few weeks (and few months). I feel very loved and supported which means a great deal to me. {"Broken" in his backstage bubble wrap from the framers, waiting to be hung}
Thank you, thank you, you kind beautiful people out in the world, I wish you all my very best in your daily lives, loves, challenges and accomplishments! {"So That My Eyes Might See" and "Long After This" also in their backstage bubble wrap waiting to be hung}

No comments: