Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hip! Hip!

Let's see, I think I've been working on my art book for 3 years now. I remember the night Bob Self asked me if I'd be interested in making a an art book with him (Baby Tattoo Books) I believe it was in 2010. I was so naive and thought it would take about a year to complete...now three years later, it's on it's way to print!!
I went over the color proofs with Bob yesterday and now my excitement cannot be contained!! The last thing I need to do is see the cover dummy in person and approve the colors and such on that and then we're off!!
I've mentioned the book {titled Frohlich} in previous blog posts here, but if you're new the book is a retrospect of my art works over the past several years. It includes most of my works ~ I had to be selective because {obviously} I didn't want to make the book 600+ pages. I worked closely with designer Laurie Young who also designed my So Good For Little Bunnies book and I'm over the flippin moon with the outcome! I will keep you posted here and everywhere else {my website, twitter, Instagram, Facebook..} as the book becomes available.

2 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Congratulations. This is great news. I know I'll be buying a copy. I also have a copy of "So Good For Little Bunnies." I keep it in my studio for inspiration.

I adore your work.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

badmonkeyart said...

Very nice! I really like Laurie Young's designs as well. What's the best way to get in touch with her. (I have a project I'd like to show her.) (Wendy Ice, Bad Monkey Productions)