Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not Gone Long!

My last post said I was going away for a while, but I'm back!
Without sounding too much like a bleeding heart & artist, I've kinda been going through a bit of a change (and when I say "kinda" and "a bit" it really means "for real" and "HUGE"). The end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 was largely monumental (does that work?) in my personal life. Now I get to decide where I'm gonna go from here with such a huge change, and right now I'm feeling pretty good. I have decided to take the reins in my life and peel off layers of insecurity, self doubt and bad habits. I would like to make every effort to create a life for myself (and the people I love) that doesn't hold me (or us) back in any way - whether that's negative people in my life that I allow to effect me, my OWN negativity or the bad habits I've lived with for far too long). I want to breathe free. I want to be capable. I want to give myself a chance to achieve every goal and jump any hurdle. I need to grow and blossom and drop every fool that aims to gum up the works. I have a fire in my belly that makes me want to explode into space and soar to the Heavens and live like Finn from Finn and Jake (Adventure Time!) (Am I 12? Probably for life). But it's good. And in good time I will make good things happen.
So Happy 2013 for real.

3 comments:

Lynell said...

Congrats and best of luck on taking positive changes and running with them! I am also hoping that this year will bring about great inspiration and creative energy and that I won't fall prey to self-doubting slumps like I have in the past.

Sergio said...

Beautiful and inspiring...
I like it a lot!!!
congratulations!!!!! :D

PS: I think every change is positive. If nothing change, then you are dead ;)

Kat - Team Kitten said...

Hey Brandi, i can totally relate to this. I've had a huge few weeks emotionally and it's tiring and gets you off your path, but then you realise you gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse... or maybe a different one! Good luck with your positive force, you are totally worth all the goodness with your beautiful work xox