Tuesday, July 31, 2012

How Can I Shine Without You?

Because this image came out as an ad the other day, I can finally start talking about the individual paintings that will be making up my next show. This painting titled How Can I Shine Without You? was the very first painting I began working on waaaay back in June of last year. I wanted to start big (the piece measures 36"x48") to begin the story of Before I Hide Away.
In my life, I have had two people who have majorly influenced me personally, who have both gently guided me through life ~ in total opposite ways than one another (and sometimes not gentle at all). Without these two people, I could not have come to the place I am at this very moment. The first person I'm speaking of is my mom who raised me in a somewhat odd manner, who provided me with a naive, whimsical outlook on life. The second person who has guided me in an entirely different direction in life (in the most perfect way) and who has pushed me past the curtain, out into the spotlight has been my husband. This painting is my interpretation of what their support has afforded me. I will say this though, trying to put words to all the thoughts and emotions that go into a painting is futile. The words will only ever barely scratch the surface.
Having said that, I do not take for granted the support I have been given by the lovely loving people in my life. I've been blessed to be able to surround myself with good solid wonderful family and friends and without them my life would be empty.

4 comments:

blukats said...

Your painting is amazing and thank you for your insight about it. I wish I could go to this show. Best gallery to see art at on the West Coast.

I am trying to figure out what the bear is saying. Any help with that?

Mandy said...

I love this and that painting is so amazing and beautiful and I can't even think of anymore words to describe how spectacular it is. Keep shining, Brandi you dear sweet princess of the art world. I love you and your work endlessly.

xomando

Gerushia's New World said...

How in the world did I miss these last few blog posts.

The bear...yes please! And the wee ballerina in the background...they both want me to live with them inside this painting. I'm moving in!

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

Carl V. Anderson said...

Wow, Brandi! That is an absolutely amazing painting. There is a story there. Heck, there are several stories there. I hope your latest solo show is an amazing success.