Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And So Say All Of Us



This coming Saturday kicks off "Lyric", a group exhibition curated by Glenn Barr at 323 East Gallery in Royal Oak, MI. When Glenn hit me up, I was stoked and went right to work on my piece for the show...



Initially, I thought about what sound in music I respond to most ~ which is difficult {obviously} to pin point and narrow down, but the first thing that came to mind was the sort of haunting sound of a band like Squirrel Nut Zippers...



Or this:



So from there, I think of how I can illustrate that "kind" of music, and it's obvious to me that it's gonna be ghosts...I love music, and as I've said before, it's huge to my process and inspiration {and sanity}, so making this piece was super fun and I loved every minute.



Participating artists in the show include:
Jeff Soto
Michael Segal
THH70
Gary Taxali
Cammy d’Errico
Travis Louie
Davin Brainard
Chris Riccardi
Brandt Peters
Kathie Olivas
Joey Seeman
Bask
Lisa Petrucci
Rick Morris
Chet Zar
Trevor Young
Mark Dancey
Bryan Cunningham
Marie Blanco Hendrixx
Chris Dean
Brandi Milne
Calef Brown
William Wray
Yumiko Kayukawa
Glenn Barr



Here is my piece "And So Say All Of Us" 12"x12" acrylic and graphite on board inside frame. For more info go to 323 East Gallery.

And just for fun...



1 comment:

drono said...

oh man. I love that!!!